|Post-Apocalyptic Snow-themed RP?
||[Jan. 4th, 2018|05:49 am]
Original Character Yaoi Role Play
'Ey y'all! New year, new life, new RPs! I had some wonderful partners last year along with some RPs that I really enjoyed, however, most did not last or they went unfinished, sadly. However, I'm feeling inspired right now, and I'm ready to make some new RPs!|
Some information about me beforehand:
- I'm in my early twenties.
- I'm a student in college, and I have a part-time job on the side, which means there are times in which I can go for a long time without replying (I'll warn you if this happens), but I can manage several replies a week, and if the stars are aligned, I may manage several replies a day.
- English is not my first language, so keep that in mind.
- I write in a third person, past tense style (Though depending on the style and tone of the RP I may switch it to present tense. No first person though, I loathe writing in first person).
- My posts vary greatly in length, my starter posts tend to be longer (Up to 3,000 words if I'm into it) and they tend to wane as I go on (Going as low as 300 words if I'm not feeling particularly inspired) and then go back-and-forth between longer and shorter. I'll always give you something to work with though (One or two paragraphs minimum), and never meaningless one-liners.
- My main preference in pairing is M/M, though I don't mind M/F or F/F, but my main interest is M/M. Though I can definitely write characters of both genders, I really have no preference when it comes to those; in fact, despite the main pairing being M/M, I'd love you forever if we could include at least one female main character, but the more, the merrier!
- I love writing smut, but I don't mind at all if you want to focus more on the story and romantic aspect of the RP, the smut/story ratio could vary depending on what you want. My hard limits are: Incest, bestiality, non-con, scat/waterworks (I absolutely hate these two), feet, vore and gore. Now, don't get me wrong, I like dark RPs, I like smut and I like gore (Game of Thrones is one of my favorite shows, hehe), but I don't want to see the latter two together, it just makes me nauseous.
- A bit of a controversial point related to smut: I won't lie, I kind of prefer writing the 'bottom' character in the relationship. Sorry, it's just a personal preference. My characters are not submissive or meek in the slightest, since those types of characters tend to be kind of boring, but I just prefer to RP smut in that position. That being said, I know there are people who feel uncomfortable deciding that first thing in the RP, so I'm more than fine with just figuring it out as the RP and character dynamic progresses, I'm also more than open to trying out a switch dynamic as well.
So, now that that's out of the way, I'll get on with the ideas that I had: So, this may seem in poor taste, and I don't even live in the U.S., but with all the talk that's been going on recently about the Bomb Cyclone and all, I got inspiration for a Post-Apocalyptic-ish RP that features snow as its main motif/theme. It doesn't even have to be winter, just white/gray lighting, cold environments and lots of snow. I recently got a rather unusual idea, and it's basically the RP I just described, but with a twist, and the twist is that the Post-Apocalyptic world is not modern or Sci-Fi, but rather High Fantasy.
JUST HEAR ME OUT, OKAY?
Basically, it's your old, everyday, Tolkienesque world, and then one day, for whatever reason, a cataclysmic event happened. I have not yet decided a particular reason for why this happened, but let's just say that something happened that caused a shift in the magic system of the world, which resulted in an unexpected eternal winter; this took everyone by surprise, and it caused a yuuuge shift in society, and it quickly threw everything into chaos. The world descended into Dystopia pretty quickly, and eventually, all semblances of a stable society were forgotten, it was an "everyone-by-themselves" situation. Groups and clans were formed, even little towns have arised, but not many. On top of the eternal winter, mysterious creatures appeared wrecking havoc upon everything they found; no one knows what they look like, as no one who has encountered them has ever lived to tell the tale. They're only known as the "Shadow people", and the only thing that's sure about them is that they're evil, or so they say, at least.
This, as I said, would be a High Fantasy Post-Apocalyptic RP with horror undertones and a heavy snow motif (Although to be fair, the "end of the world" part is a lot milder than it is in other stuff), it would feature a lot of worldbuilding and it would be very dark, and due to its nature, generally action-filled. The romance part is a bit tricky, because I'm not the biggest fan of slow burn (I generally don't have the patience for it), plus, the dangerous world might pressure people to get into a relationship, but I hate instalove and the "Strangled by the red string" trope, so we'd have to balance that out; I think that a romance that's moving at a fast but believable pace would be fine. Actually writing it, however...
Since this is High Fantasy, I will be playing an elf (Y'know, those hot, pointy-eared smartasses). Elves tend to be portrayed as kind of perfect, but don't worry, mine won't be at all. You can play whatever race you want: Human, dwarf, halfling (Because calling them "hobbits" would get me sued), or another elf, I don't really mind. Character sheets would be appreciated, but I'm fine with just jumping into the RP.
So, sadly, I don't have a set story in mind for the RP, this is all just an idea, so we'd have to discuss it before we get to the RP itself. I'm fine with making it up as we go, but I'd like to have a general outline for the story beforehand, because I've found that jumping in without discussing anything tends to kill the RP before it even begins. You're free to give your own ideas, of course! I'd love to hear them, and you're also more than welcome to contributing to the worldbuilding of the RP.
Aside from the above, I have a couple of other ideas, like, I have this one idea that's really complex and in-depth, it's a mix of Science Fiction and High Fantasy, but, like I said, it's really extensive, nearly Epic in length and scope, and it's already fairly well developed, so it might scare you off, but if you're interested in it, feel free to ask me about it. I also watched The Last Jedi recently (Well, a couple of weeks ago, actually), and I'm slowly getting into the Star Wars EU, so I would be willing to RP something in that fandom, or even something inspired by Star Wars without necessarily taking place in that universe. But, right now, my main interest lies within the above idea.
So, to finish this off, I want to say that I'm open to adding things that are generally very taboo within the writing community, RP or not, like Mpreg; it's something that I personally enjoy, but a lot of people don't, and I'm more than fine with not including it, I also enjoy ABO, but it would not fit with this particular RP; in terms of character ages, I could RP romance with 16-year-old characters, but I refuse to write smut with characters below 17, and even then, I'd feel more comfortable if they're over 18. I do refuse to RP with anyone that's below 18, though. Sorry, but if you're not of age in your country do not contact me. Aside from that, I'd also like to say that if you've contacted me before, or if I've contacted you before, and if for whatever reason our RP didn't work out, then feel free to talk to me again, I'd love to give it another shot if you want to. For anyone that hasn't contacted me before, and even for the ones that have contacted me before, feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the RP or about myself.
Looking forward to hearing from you all!